Monday, August 31
Aug. 31st, 2026 11:19 pmToday I am grateful for:
Okay sleep.
Not needing to be in a hurry.
After animal care/chores I cleaned up and headed to town.
I met with a woman via Marketplace who was selling some crystals. I found a few, and she asked a reasonable price.
She seemed very nice, offered me a glass of water, introduced me to her very nice little dog, and made me feel at ease in her home (most people don't want you in their home, and to be honest, not sure how I would feel about it).
She and her partner had recently moved there.
She was super happy that I showed up when I said I would, and did not yank her around with meet up times, or even that I showed up at all. She's had a lot of issues trying to sell things, and I know exactly what she means. I've had lots of issues trying to sell things too.
I wish her well with their new home.
Then I walked around the path around the man made lake again, and really enjoyed it. The leaves are just starting to turn, and today was pleasantly warm and sunny.
I went to Winner's to see if the other bra exactly like the one I bought last time was there, as it turned out to be VERY comfortable. I didn't see it. I did find a small picture frame for the painting L made me, though it is a hair small. Not sure if I should trim it.
Then I got groceries, and there were still zero Canadian apples, and not even apples from a non-U.S. source, so I just didn't buy any. Some great looking Canadian cauliflower though.
I came home and my Sweetie had eaten, so I cooked for myself. We talked for a while, I showed him my rocks, and then he headed to bed.
Okay sleep.
Not needing to be in a hurry.
After animal care/chores I cleaned up and headed to town.
I met with a woman via Marketplace who was selling some crystals. I found a few, and she asked a reasonable price.
She seemed very nice, offered me a glass of water, introduced me to her very nice little dog, and made me feel at ease in her home (most people don't want you in their home, and to be honest, not sure how I would feel about it).
She and her partner had recently moved there.
She was super happy that I showed up when I said I would, and did not yank her around with meet up times, or even that I showed up at all. She's had a lot of issues trying to sell things, and I know exactly what she means. I've had lots of issues trying to sell things too.
I wish her well with their new home.
Then I walked around the path around the man made lake again, and really enjoyed it. The leaves are just starting to turn, and today was pleasantly warm and sunny.
I went to Winner's to see if the other bra exactly like the one I bought last time was there, as it turned out to be VERY comfortable. I didn't see it. I did find a small picture frame for the painting L made me, though it is a hair small. Not sure if I should trim it.
Then I got groceries, and there were still zero Canadian apples, and not even apples from a non-U.S. source, so I just didn't buy any. Some great looking Canadian cauliflower though.
I came home and my Sweetie had eaten, so I cooked for myself. We talked for a while, I showed him my rocks, and then he headed to bed.
no subject
Date: 2026-09-01 12:56 pm (UTC)Why is it when you find the best [insert clothing item here] it immediately becomes unavailable?
no subject
Date: 2026-09-01 08:23 pm (UTC)I kind of hate selling. You end up with all kinds of people who want item X, but won't come get it (expect you to go to them with it), or people who say they're coming but don't, people who show up and try to talk down the price as they're standing there, and on and on.
Then I've had things sell instantly, and the sale goes perfectly.
It's not something I would bother with anymore unless it was for something over $50.
no subject
Date: 2026-09-02 03:59 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-09-02 03:10 am (UTC)I will not buy American produce of any kind at this point. I'd rather go without.
no subject
Date: 2026-09-02 06:08 am (UTC)