gottawonder: (Default)
[personal profile] gottawonder
Today I am grateful for:

Good sleep.

A slow start to the day, but I did eventually decide to do something productive (not that one always must).

I did the dishes. I made the bed. I did some laundry. I took the recycling out to our bin (we will have to take it to a depot).

I spoke with Sister E, and had a decent conversation. There's some kind of "River Pirate Days" going on in their town, and she was out and about in town for that.

I went outside and did chores, then I forked out some carrots just to see how they're doing. They're fairly small, but they look good. My husband loves garden carrots.

Then I did some mowing.

I talked with my husband for a while about how his bike ride went today. He couldn't talk too long because he was headed to the MS supper, (they feed the participants and have a presentation about their work).

He said his ride today was okay, in spite of him not doing a lot of training for it this year. 35 km of fairly rugged off-road trails. At least the weather was good, cool and clear.

Then I did some weeding in a mulched area (hmmf as to the effectiveness of mulch), let everyone out to graze for a while, went inside for a bit, brought them back in again.

I took a few pails of the accumulated wood based cat litter out to where we dump it. Some of it had been sitting in the pails a long time, had gotten very wet, and was really foul. Lovely.

By then my husband was back at his room after supper, so we chatted a bit more.

Then I felt motivated to do some art, and did some fun unicorn watercolors, one on black paper using metallic paints, the other on regular paper.

I'm disappointed in the admittedly entry level watercolor paper I bought recently. This is the first time I've tried it, and it just isn't a good performer. It's funny, I use the cheap "Artist's Loft" paper from Micheal's a lot, and it's a better paper. This stuff was from an actual art supply store, and it wasn't less expensive than the Micheal's stuff, so I was surprised at how crappy it was.

Anyhow, it was nice to be absorbed by making something.

Date: 2026-09-14 01:55 am (UTC)
ratunderpaper: pink boy! (Default)
From: [personal profile] ratunderpaper
If you can get Arches watercolour paper (sold in pads or blocks), I highly recommend it.

Date: 2026-09-14 06:57 am (UTC)
ratunderpaper: pink boy! (Default)
From: [personal profile] ratunderpaper
For that reason alone I draw a preliminary sketch on tracing paper and trace it to the watercolour board/paper after.

You need a high rag content if you're going to monkey around with textures and distressing. I like to scrub colours on and off with stubby dried brushes and wadded-up paper towels. I made masks with cut-up stick-it notes.

Profile

gottawonder: (Default)
gottawonder

September 2026

S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5
67 8 9 1011 12
13 1415 16 17 18 19
20 212223242526
27282930   

Most Popular Tags

  • ` - 1 use
  • q - 1 use

Page Summary

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 22nd, 2026 09:22 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios