Wednesday, September 16
Sep. 16th, 2026 10:52 pmToday I am grateful for:
Scraps of sleep. The concrete truck was pretty loud most of the morning.
The concrete DID get poured, which is great.
My Sweetie came back into the house about when I decided to get up, so he made me breakfast, which is nice.
Then we went outside to do chores, and I decided we needed to work on clearing saplings that have sprung up in our treeline. It's a mature row of trees that we try to keep otherwise clean, or else it just becomes a mess of brush. Also, the property fence line has to be kept clear.
So we did that, as well as take down some limbs that were getting in the way of mowing, and some dead limbs.
It's all in piles now, and at some point we'll get it on a trailer to go to the county burn pit.
Then I went to the barn to see River.
It was a lovely day, that warm-ish but not hot kind of sunny that you only get in the fall.
Our lesson went well. We worked on things that will be in the upcoming show. Patterns. Working around another horse again (haven't done that enough outside). L rode with us, on her horse Amber.
Then I came home, and noticed that the hose was leaking, so my husband had to shimmy out the back door to close the hose at the house.
He cooked, and we watched "F1", which was pretty good, but was thematically very much like "Ford vs. Ferrari", to the point where the movie felt like a ripoff, and I felt like it wasted all the effort put into it. It would have been great if you didn't see "Ford vs. Ferrari".
There's a chance that we can do something tomorrow to commemorate my birthday, even if it isn't ON my birthday. We've been so busy this week there hasn't been an opportunity.
Scraps of sleep. The concrete truck was pretty loud most of the morning.
The concrete DID get poured, which is great.
My Sweetie came back into the house about when I decided to get up, so he made me breakfast, which is nice.
Then we went outside to do chores, and I decided we needed to work on clearing saplings that have sprung up in our treeline. It's a mature row of trees that we try to keep otherwise clean, or else it just becomes a mess of brush. Also, the property fence line has to be kept clear.
So we did that, as well as take down some limbs that were getting in the way of mowing, and some dead limbs.
It's all in piles now, and at some point we'll get it on a trailer to go to the county burn pit.
Then I went to the barn to see River.
It was a lovely day, that warm-ish but not hot kind of sunny that you only get in the fall.
Our lesson went well. We worked on things that will be in the upcoming show. Patterns. Working around another horse again (haven't done that enough outside). L rode with us, on her horse Amber.
Then I came home, and noticed that the hose was leaking, so my husband had to shimmy out the back door to close the hose at the house.
He cooked, and we watched "F1", which was pretty good, but was thematically very much like "Ford vs. Ferrari", to the point where the movie felt like a ripoff, and I felt like it wasted all the effort put into it. It would have been great if you didn't see "Ford vs. Ferrari".
There's a chance that we can do something tomorrow to commemorate my birthday, even if it isn't ON my birthday. We've been so busy this week there hasn't been an opportunity.
Happy Birthday!
Date: 2026-09-17 09:54 pm (UTC)Thanks for the tip about F1. While it probably wasn't on my short list, I'm glad to know about the similarities to Ford vs Ferrari, which we did see some time ago.
Re: Happy Birthday!
Date: 2026-09-18 05:43 am (UTC)F1 feels the most like "Ford vs. Ferrari" towards the end, but in many ways the "rogue old driver" has a similar personality all the way through.
What makes F1 different, is how modern all the research areas of the "garage" were, and that it is all just newer and shinier.