Friday, September 18
Sep. 18th, 2026 10:25 pmToday I am grateful for:
Okay sleep. Noise again, but that's expected.
The guys worked on getting a small deck with stairs for the back door.
It will be nice to be able to use that door again, when the stairs are finished.
I did some indoor things. I took some water out of the turtle tank and added some fresh water. I cleaned the cat litter. Laundry. Changed the sheets. I did the dishes.
Then I went outside and talked with the guys for a while.
Chores.
Then I spent some time cleaning and oiling some tack.
Then my Sweetie headed to town for the climbing gym party (I have no idea why a climbing gym would do that, but okay).
Then I went to the barn.
River was pretty tired today, and his breathing wasn't great. We did work on backing up through the "L" shape, and he's always pretty stuck for backing up, but we try.
Then we worked on the barrels at Liberty and he did a GREAT job with that, and jumping over some barrels on their side (which could end up being part of the obstacle class on Sunday).
Then I rode him for a few minutes in the outdoor arena to frantically practice my two point position (something I never need to do; I'm not a jumper, but it's in a riding pattern that will be on the agenda this Sunday).
Then I stayed to work with H (woman with health challenges). I worked with Ferrari, and he was better this time about not frantically over reacting to everything I asked for. That was better than the last time I worked with him.
After a while we all went to the outdoor arena where R had a "fun human relay course" set up. This will be one of the classes on Sunday. We were giving the young woman a chance to practice, though she may not end up being at the show (she might be at a walk for Parkinson's).
It was fun. R had "practical elements" that related to horsey life, like carrying a bucket of water, and picking up "poo" (plastic balls), braiding hair (collected over time into a ponytail) but also inexplicably jumping over low jumps. The funniest one was for one person from the team to hop into the pony cart, and the other person to pull it to the finish line.
I pulled R around to show the young woman it was okay, and she reluctantly got in (it wasn't easy for her to get into it, her co-ordination isn't great).
So it was a little fun and silly.
Then I came home and got tired of waiting to see if my Sweetie was coming home and made supper.
Okay sleep. Noise again, but that's expected.
The guys worked on getting a small deck with stairs for the back door.
It will be nice to be able to use that door again, when the stairs are finished.
I did some indoor things. I took some water out of the turtle tank and added some fresh water. I cleaned the cat litter. Laundry. Changed the sheets. I did the dishes.
Then I went outside and talked with the guys for a while.
Chores.
Then I spent some time cleaning and oiling some tack.
Then my Sweetie headed to town for the climbing gym party (I have no idea why a climbing gym would do that, but okay).
Then I went to the barn.
River was pretty tired today, and his breathing wasn't great. We did work on backing up through the "L" shape, and he's always pretty stuck for backing up, but we try.
Then we worked on the barrels at Liberty and he did a GREAT job with that, and jumping over some barrels on their side (which could end up being part of the obstacle class on Sunday).
Then I rode him for a few minutes in the outdoor arena to frantically practice my two point position (something I never need to do; I'm not a jumper, but it's in a riding pattern that will be on the agenda this Sunday).
Then I stayed to work with H (woman with health challenges). I worked with Ferrari, and he was better this time about not frantically over reacting to everything I asked for. That was better than the last time I worked with him.
After a while we all went to the outdoor arena where R had a "fun human relay course" set up. This will be one of the classes on Sunday. We were giving the young woman a chance to practice, though she may not end up being at the show (she might be at a walk for Parkinson's).
It was fun. R had "practical elements" that related to horsey life, like carrying a bucket of water, and picking up "poo" (plastic balls), braiding hair (collected over time into a ponytail) but also inexplicably jumping over low jumps. The funniest one was for one person from the team to hop into the pony cart, and the other person to pull it to the finish line.
I pulled R around to show the young woman it was okay, and she reluctantly got in (it wasn't easy for her to get into it, her co-ordination isn't great).
So it was a little fun and silly.
Then I came home and got tired of waiting to see if my Sweetie was coming home and made supper.
no subject
Date: 2026-09-19 05:49 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-09-20 05:31 am (UTC)It's a climbing gym, they were celebrating their "birthday", and have done so every year since they opened.
They have special route challenges, a "bingo card" for completing certain routes, and prizes at the end of the night.
According to my husband, it was supposed to be finished earlier, but they kept saying "ten more minutes until they draw for the prizes" and so on, until it was quite late.
My one thought was "perhaps I could text my wife", which doesn't seem so difficult.
OR, how about "It's too late, I should just go home".
None of which seemed to occur to him.
no subject
Date: 2026-09-20 08:03 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-09-21 03:56 am (UTC)For him, even "late" would mean maybe 9 pm. He got home around 11:30.
no subject
Date: 2026-09-21 06:51 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-09-21 06:31 pm (UTC)It's a bit like being given the special biking jersey for raising X amount of dollars for the MS rides.