gottawonder: (Default)
[personal profile] gottawonder
Today I am grateful for:

The day improving as we went.

I woke up (if you can say that when you maybe didn't even sleep properly) in a bad mood, as one does after just not getting enough sleep for a week.

My Sweetie did try to help by feeding the cats to give me more time, and he made breakfast.

I was annoyed by my perception at the time of R asking me to be in a team relay event with the young woman with health challenges in one of the classes (because she needs help), thus effectively meaning I would likely place dead last with her.

I was thinking we were having collective points for the show, but we are not. Just placings in each class, so I guess that made it better. If I do one class with her and it's sort of a fun class, it's okay to come dead last.

So at least that got cleared up with texting.

Then I texted our hay guy and he's thinking he will be baling tomorrow or Monday, both days which will mean working around something. Tomorrow is the barn show, and Monday my husband is back to work, so either day will mean a scramble to get the bales (this guy, for whatever reason, pretty much likes the bales sold and off his property the same day they are baled, and doesn't seem to be open to holding bales for people, even though we've bought from him for 6 or 7 years in a row now).

We COULD maybe get through winter on what we already have, but I need to buy enough hay to get me all the way through until the next cut of hay next year, which might be in June, but might not be until later. I literally try to buy a full year's worth of hay every year.

Anyhow.

My Sweetie picked up the branches and saplings we'd trimmed a few days ago, and got that onto the trailer. I brought out household garbage and recycling.

Unfortunately my Sweetie did find a wasp's nest in an old rug that we were going to throw away, and he got stung.

Then one of the lids from a garbage can blew off as we were driving to the dump. We back tracked and I tried to find it in the ditch by walking, but the grass is so tall in ditches, I couldn't see anything.

Anyhow, we got to the dump, I hopped out and had a chat with the women who work there while my husband emptied the trailer.

They had a farrier to recommend, and gave me her number, so maybe I can at least get somewhere with THAT problem that has to be resolved.

Then we stopped in to visit with our "house work" friends. The wife is recovering from colon surgery, and still has healing incisions, but is up and around and looking perkier these days.

They gave us fallen apples to take to the riding barn to give to horses, and we've already got some for eating, and they are SUCH nice apples.

It was a really nice day to sit out on the deck with them and visit.

Then, since we were going right past it, I suggested that we walk at the park down the road from our place.

It was pretty much a perfect fall day for that. Some crunchy leaves, the bugs all gone, warm and sunny. Roxy was with us, and she really enjoyed it.

I'm very grateful that Roxy enjoys walking again, after all the problems she had with her tendons a few years ago.

There were even a few choke cherries, which taste better after a frost. They do leave your mouth feeling oddly dry or fuzzy, it's a strange phenomenon.

Then we came home, my Sweetie had a long soak (he's sore after all the work on the concrete, and from all the climbing last night), and I let everyone out for a while, then brought them all in, and made supper.

We watched a movie that was either pretty bad, or pretty good, depending on what you like.

Profile

gottawonder: (Default)
gottawonder

September 2026

S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5
67 8 9 1011 12
13 1415 16 17 18 19
20 212223242526
27282930   

Most Popular Tags

  • ` - 1 use
  • q - 1 use

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 22nd, 2026 06:18 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios